A creamy, warm, vegetarian layered dip recipe that tastes like lasagna and is loaded with cheese!
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1.5 cups marinara sauce spicy arrabbiata sauce or other tomato based spaghetti sauce.
- 1/2 cup cream cheese softened
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella sliced, or use the small Ciliegine balls
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes optional.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the ricotta, 1/4 cup of the spaghetti sauce, cream cheese and half of the Italian seasoning.
- Spoon it into the bottom of a 4-cup (1quart) baking dish. Top with a layer of sliced mushrooms followed by layers of spinach, & basil, then enough of the remaining spaghetti sauce to cover.
- Arrange a layer of sliced mozzarella cheese on top of that, then sprinkle an even layer of Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper flakes over everything.
- Garnish with a couple of mushroom slices to make it pretty.
- Bake for 20 minutes until browned and melty.
Looking to make more food that tastes like lasagna? Try my recipe for Parmesan crusted lasagna grilled cheese sandwiches.