This no-recipe recipe is my tribute dog to Sweathog, Vinnie Barbarino
Servings: 1 hot dog
This no-recipe recipe is my tribute dog to Sweathog, Vinnie Barbarino. It has become very popular since I first created it for my monthly column on the FoodNetwork.com. The people of the Internet have spoken, and they have said that it’s a cross between a pizza and a hot dog, and that is not untrue.
- 1 Italian roll see photo for suggestions
- 1 tablespoon Warmed marinara sauce
- 2 slices Provolone cheese
- 1 Grilled Italian sausage Sweet or Spicy - your choice!
- 2 tablespoons Grilled sliced mushrooms any variety
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Giardiniera I like Marconi best
- Slice an Italian roll across the top, not the side. Spoon a tablespoon of warmed marinara sauce inside the cut roll, then tuck in a couple of slices of provolone.
- Top with a grilled spicy Italian sausage and sautéd mushrooms.
- Sprinkle generously with grated Parmesan. Place it under the broiler for a couple of minutes then garnish with Giardiniera.
Hungry for More?Buy the Unofficial Yellowstone Cookbook and the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!