Everything you love about New York Style Hot Dogs in cute appetizer form.
The folks at Whole Foods Markets asked me to come up with a holiday recipe using ingredients from their stores. This recipe is vegan… and organic. It’s quick and easy. Perfect when you need something simple to serve guests. I've been thinking about my carbon footprint and frankly I was mesmerized by the selection of plant based meats I'd never heard of st Whole Foods. Then, I looked up and saw: Farmhouse Culture Organic Smoked Jalapeno Kraut. My mind started to churn. I love sauerkraut. Below it was Viana Smoked Veggie Frankfurters. I knew what to do, and I did it! This recipe is vegan... and organic. The veggie dogs non-GMO verified. It's quick and easy. Perfect when you need something simple to serve guests.
- 1/4 cup Farmhouse Smoked Jalapeño Kraut
- 2 Viana Vegan Organic Smoked Veggie Frankfurters
- I package The Fillo Factory Vegan Organic Mini Fillo Shells defrosted
- Cut the veggie dogs into 1/2 -1 inch long pieces. Cook in 1/4 cup water in a saucepan over medium heat until brown and heated throughout, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the kraut completely. Stuff each shell with about 1 teaspoon of kraut, and top with a slice of hotdog and garnish with a squirt of mustard. Enjoy!
Hungry for More?Buy the Unofficial Yellowstone Cookbook and the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!