“The Elote Dog” is inspired by Mexican Street Corn – a hot dog topped with elotes, mayo, lime and spices served in a bolillo roll.
Servings: 1 serving
Inspired by Mexican Street Corn, The Elote Dog is a whole beef jumbo hot dog is topped with roasted corn, mayo, lime and spices and served in a top-cut, whole grain bolillo roll.
- 1 bolillo roll
- 1 hot dog
- 1/3 cup elote en vaso see below
- Split a *bolillo roll across the top and stuff with the hot dog of your choice.
- Toss roasted corn kernels with a little mayo and lime juice and spoon them over the hot dog, then top with oregano, chili powder, crumbly Mexican cotija cheese & hot sauce.
- Decorate with a squirt of mayo.
- * Note: Bolillos are a slightly sweet variation of baguettes that may have stemmed from the French invasion of Mexico. This recipe and photo were created for my monthly column on the FoodNetwork.com.
Hungry for More?Buy the Unofficial Yellowstone Cookbook and the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!