Servings: 2 servings
This is a healthy and extremely flavorful way to dress up boneless skinless chicken breasts. Adding just a small amount of butter on top, and using grated parmesan for a garnish, keeps the fat and calories down. Don't skip the anchovy paste. It may seem like a weird ingredient, but it adds a lot of flavor. Also, don't be alarmed, the lemon juice will appear to cook the chicken a bit, turning it white in the marinating bag.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 clove garlic sliced thin
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- juice from one small lemon
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground salt
- 2 small pats butter approximately 1 teaspoon each
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound to about 1/2 inch thickness with a mallet, then put them in a resealable plastic bag with all of the marinade ingredients, using only 2 of the 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes. Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours.
- Grill over medium until cooked throughout, about 5 minutes on each side.
- To serve, top each chicken breast with a small pat of butter and sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of chopped sun-dried tomatoes and parmesan cheese.
Hungry for More?Buy the Unofficial Yellowstone Cookbook and the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!