A healthy recipe for creamy, cheesy, supreme pizza flavored spaghetti squash, for the pizza flavors that you crave in cute single servings. They are fairly low in calories, very filling and taste like pizza. So it's win-win-win.
- One small spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for roasting
- 1/3 cup marinara or pizza sauce use more for a bigger squash
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked Italian sausage
- 1/4 cip cup mini pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon diced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup mozzarella or Italian cheese blend
- Italian seasoning blend to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Scrape out the seeds and pulp with a spoon leaving a hole in the middle of each. Drizzle the inside of the squash with olive oil. Place the squash facedown on the lined baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until they pierce easily with a fork. Reduce the temperature of the oven to 350F degrees.
- Remove the squash from the oven, turn the halves over, let them cool for about 5 minutes, then gently shred the insides with a fork, being careful to leave the boats intact.
- Pour half of the pizza sauce into each boat and stir to coat the squash strands, adding more sauce if needed. Sprinkle on half of the Parmesan cheese and gently stir in most of the sausage, pepperoni, peppers and onion, leaving enough for the topping. Pile the mozzarella cheese on top, then decorate the boats with the toppings and Italian seasoning blend, just like you would a regular pizza. Return the pizza boats to the oven and bake for 10 minutes more, or until the cheese is melted and the pepperoni start to curl up. Enjoy!
Hungry for More?Buy the Unofficial Yellowstone Cookbook and the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!