When selecting your Brussels sprouts go for the smaller ones, they’ll be sweeter.
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup half-and-half - regular or nonfat
- 2 slices uncooked thick cut bacon chopped into 1/4" pieces - If possible, get it from the meat counter, not from a package.
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Remove the outermost leaves from the Brussels sprouts, wash well and cut in half.
- Place in a 9x12 casserole with the bacon, salt, pepper and chili flakes. Pour in the cream. Bake for 45-55 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until the sprouts are very brown and crispy around the edges.
Looking for more Thanksgiving Recipes? Try my less healthy spicy, Southwestern mashed potatoes and sausage gravy.