- 4 pieces light whole grain bread
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup non-fat milk
- 1 T. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 T. 100% pure maple syrup
- light butter
- Spray a large skillet with canola cooking spray & heat to medium/low.
- Whisk together the egg, milk, cinnamon and vanilla until frothy.
- Soak the bread in the mixture for 10 seconds on each side.
- Add the soaked bread to the skillet and cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown
- Remove the skillet from the heat and cover. Let sit for 2 minutes. This makes the french toast fluffier.
- Serve with light butter and a tablespoon of pure maple syrup, or dust with confectioners sugar.
Hungry for More?Buy the Unofficial Yellowstone Cookbook and the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!