A healthy, frozen, chocolate treat that's high protein, and low in calories, fat and sugar. What more could you want? Oh yeah, it has sprinkles! Lots of them in pretty summer colors that are perfect for a hot pre-holiday weekend.
- 4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup fat free half and half
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup almond milk or low fat milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder I like Ghirardelli's
- 1.5 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- Sanding sugar flower shaped quins and nonpareils in summer colors. I used India Tree's "Monet" pastel nonpareils, Wilton's flower shaped quins and bright teal sanding sugar from The Cupcake Social.
- Blend together the cream cheese, sugar and half & half in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- Heat the almond milk in the microwave for 60 seconds, or bring it to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in the gelatin and then the cocoa powder, until both are completely dissolved.
- Gently and gradually fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream cheese.
- Pour into ramekins.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before sprinkling with a layer of sanding sugar, followed by the nonpareils.
- To get the nonpareils to spread evenly over the surface, carefully drop a handful of them in the middle and gently shake the ramekin to spread them to the edges.
- Continue to refrigerate for at least an hour before serving, or freeze overnight and serve as a frozen ice cream treat as shown in the photo below.
Hungry for More?Buy the Unofficial Yellowstone Cookbook and the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!