How do you say "delicious" in Portuguese? Brigadeiro, that's how! These easy-to-make balls are fun to roll in chocolate jimmies. Box them up for the perfect gift.
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter plus more for greasing pan and hands
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup chocolate sprinkles and/or jimmies
- Coat a large shallow pan or platter with butter or cooking spray. In a large saucepan, bring condensed milk, cocoa powder, and butter to a boil, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. It should have the consistency of thick frosting.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan; let cool completely and become firm (you can refrigerate it to speed up the process).
- Grease your hands with butter and shape pieces into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in sprinkles. Place on waxed paper and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
This recipe was excerpted from Sprinkles!: Recipes and Ideas for Rainbowlicious Desserts by Jackie Alpers.
Hungry for More?Buy the Unofficial Yellowstone Cookbook and the Taste of Tucson Cookbook!